Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:30:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 164
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7
7 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Reader's bikes: post your pride and joy here!  (Read 122881 times)

ilikebikes

• Novice
  • Being immortal isn't as bad as they say it is.
Re: Reader's bikes: post your pride and joy here!
« Reply #330 on: July 13, 2013, 04:18:52 pm »
I've been a member of this forums for a looooong time but havn't been here for so long that I forgot my orig handle and password! So here I am a new member.....again! LOL! Heres a pic of my 4500 as she sits this very day. One or two decals are starting to peel but besides that shes right as rain.  :)

From the moment you're born you begin to die.

Willie_B

• Master
  • Not old enough to stop playing with toys.
« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2013, 06:21:32 pm »
Looks too clean, but it does appear that you have street tires on it so that may explain it. Sweet ride from an OZ owner.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

ilikebikes

• Novice
« Reply #332 on: July 21, 2013, 01:55:26 pm »
Thanks man, she's only been ridden on the road, she's never seen a dirt trail or foul weather.

ronnielad01

• Novice
« Reply #333 on: July 24, 2013, 01:31:44 pm »
Some really nice bikes posted guys.Mines looks scabby in comparison(to all of them).
It's an XP6 by the way,sorry about the size of the photo
Owned since new,which was 1996.
The cheaper of the PF's,but I luv it luv it luv it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:36:49 pm by ronnielad01 »

ilikebikes

• Novice
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2013, 03:01:02 pm »
Looks too clean, but it does appear that you have street tires on it so that may explain it. Sweet ride from an OZ owner.
Thanks man, would love to see your OZ!

piko4566

• Novice
  • I live in Kent, UK and ride an original 757.
« Reply #335 on: September 10, 2013, 08:37:17 am »
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and have just read this entire thread from beginning to end. I have to say I am astonished at the love and enthusiasm for these old bikes. I ride a white/Red 757 which I have owned from new since 1997. I used to race it on the Southern Counties race scene in the UK back in the day. It may be 16 years old but it still rides like a pup (unlike me). Reading this forum has made me realise that I haven't devoted anywhere near enough care to the old girl as I have mainly been busy just getting out and riding at every oppurtunity then giving it a quick rinse and throwing it back in the shed. However just recently while out on the local trails I have on a couple of occasions been stopped by guys on amazingly specced brand new machines who couldn't eulogise enough about how my bike was the pinnacle of mountain-bike design and wished they had one. Needless to say this stopped me in my tracks and made me look a bit more closely at my chosen steed. After poring over many Proflex related items on the interweb I find that I have a new-found respect for the bike that has conveyed me across the South of England, The Isle of Wight and parts of Northern France and is still holding its own against the whippets on the local trails (youth can't beat trailcraft). Keep up the good work guys.  :D
Proflex Animal
Proflex 757
K2 2000
Gary Fisher AR Super 2013

Spokes

• Guru
« Reply #336 on: September 10, 2013, 04:20:57 pm »
Yep they certainly get under your skin! I don't think there is a photo of a red and white 757 on here so why not post a pic of yours here and be part of Proflex history  :)

Chris
856's
OZx modern build
no room in big shed but always room for one more!

piko4566

• Novice
« Reply #337 on: September 11, 2013, 06:01:44 am »
Will do. Might not have time tonight though as the weather is brightening up a tad so might head out to my local haunt at Fowlmead near Deal, Kent. It's a purpose made trail so not as much fun as open country but good for a quick blast. I'll then need to give the old girl a rinse before taking any snaps. Cheers.
Proflex Animal
Proflex 757
K2 2000

piko4566

• Novice
« Reply #338 on: September 12, 2013, 03:15:55 am »

Okay here it is. My pride and joy. I had the wheelset built on Mavic 517 rims by local wheelbuilder Harry Rowlands. XT shifters, LX front, XT rear, original girvin spuds, WTB Speed V saddle (just the best saddle ever) and original Crud-Catcher (I also have an original Crudguard). I sent the shocks to CVI in the UK for servicing a few years ago. They not only serviced them but called me to ask me my weight and what kind of riding I did so that they could set them up properly for me. Needless to say when they came back they felt dialled-in straight away and I haven't touched them since. I love this bike.  :)

Proflex Animal
Proflex 757
K2 2000

Willie_B

• Master
  • Not old enough to stop playing with toys.
« Reply #339 on: September 12, 2013, 07:25:51 am »
Well piko4566, it looks well ridden and much loved. Ride on.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Spokes

• Guru
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2013, 08:08:45 am »
Excellent!
There's something about the red and white colour scheme of the 757 the I really like.
It's a shame but I'm sure CVI have gone now. I rang them about a service on my Risse shocks and they said they no longer deal with shocks of any sort.
Keep riding and tune in here if you want a chat  :)
Chris
856's
OZx modern build
no room in big shed but always room for one more!

w2zero

• Master
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2013, 09:15:18 am »
Nice bike Piko.  I see you have a Kona Hahanna too.  I transferred the parts from my first mtb, a Sekai, to a Hahanna frame and fork that I thrashed for several years before buying the 855 I am still riding.
856 Beast 1
856 Beast 2
856 Animal (small)
856 frame set
Bianchi 748 fix
Hiep Duc 69
Pro Patria

piko4566

• Novice
« Reply #342 on: September 13, 2013, 04:47:51 am »

Ah, yes. My sig might be a bit misleading. That list is my history in mountainbikes. I only currently own the last two as well as an alloy framed offroad tandem which I picked up this year and needs a little work.
Proflex Animal
Proflex 757
K2 2000

ilikebikes

• Novice
« Reply #343 on: October 16, 2013, 05:59:18 pm »

Okay here it is. My pride and joy. I had the wheelset built on Mavic 517 rims by local wheelbuilder Harry Rowlands. XT shifters, LX front, XT rear, original girvin spuds, WTB Speed V saddle (just the best saddle ever) and original Crud-Catcher (I also have an original Crudguard). I sent the shocks to CVI in the UK for servicing a few years ago. They not only serviced them but called me to ask me my weight and what kind of riding I did so that they could set them up properly for me. Needless to say when they came back they felt dialled-in straight away and I haven't touched them since. I love this bike.  :)

Nice! So nice I had to quote you so I could see it again without having to scroll back up! ;0)

jinder

• Master
« Reply #344 on: October 17, 2013, 12:26:35 pm »
I am back everyone!!!!!  Been almost a decade

Beast