Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 06:36:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9
9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: '01 Attack 4.0 VTO adjustments  (Read 2476 times)

pinion

• Novice
  • A bicycle cannot stand on its own; it is two tired
'01 Attack 4.0 VTO adjustments
« on: November 17, 2006, 12:25:58 pm »
I have a used '01 K2 Attack 4.0 frame with the "Variable Travel Option" (VTO).  The rear shock upper and lower attachment points have a few different positions to choose from, and I know in general what they do but I'm looking for more specifics.  

The K2 website doesn't seem to have anything about these features, so does anyone out there have info?  Specifically, I'm interesed in which way to move the rear mount point to get the most travel (4.5" is supposed to be the max).  I think it's the upper of the three positions but I'm not sure.  Also, any guidelines for how for choosing the best bottom bracket height/ head tube angle setting with the upper mount adjustment?

Thanks.

FP
2001 K2 Attack 4.0
X-fusion O2-RC Shock
120mm Rockshox Psylo

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: '01 Attack 4.0 VTO adjustments
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 08:11:19 pm »
I'm unfamiliar with this bike but had a look on the K2
site,your right there's no info there,
reading from your discription you need to fit the rear
shock mount to the top of the swing link for max travel,
this will raise the b/b hieght and alter your head angle slightly (steepening the angle) this would give a slightly more nervous our quicker steering,though doubt enough to really notice ,
best bet would be to set the shock with more sag
bringing the b/b hieght to its current position when seated while having the shock mounting set for max travel,
in the end its all down to experimenting and setting to personal preferences.

Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

pinion

• Novice
  • A bicycle cannot stand on its own; it is two tired
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 11:58:50 am »
Thanks Simon.  I was poking around this site and found something that may be what I am looking for under "How To" - 01 VTO Upgrade Instructions.  Unfortunately the link is dead.  Do you have any idea who would know what happened to this link or if the file is still available?

FP
2001 K2 Attack 4.0
X-fusion O2-RC Shock
120mm Rockshox Psylo

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 02:39:39 am »
Thanks Simon.  I was poking around this site and found something that may be what I am looking for under "How To" - 01 VTO Upgrade Instructions.  Unfortunately the link is dead.  Do you have any idea who would know what happened to this link or if the file is still available?

FP

Sorry I THINK that refer's to the VTO option on the Noleen mega-air forks not your rear suspension setup,

Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,