Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 11:10:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8
8 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: `LOOK` familiure?  (Read 3172 times)

jeffhop

• Guru
  • i intend to live forever......so far so good!
`LOOK` familiure?
« on: June 19, 2005, 01:24:34 am »
just found a pair of forks on ebay made by look that look very interesting for us proflexers, take a look for yourselves.

http://www.lookcycle.com/v2/anglais/accueil_frameset.htm

if the link doesnt take you straight to the forks go to the product range click forks then click 2004 range then look for fournales vtt
an oz is for life , not just for xmas!

Frankd3000

• Master
  • It's a ground-to-air missile!
Re: `LOOK` familiure?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 10:05:51 am »
Nice, not gonna share the link, huh? Okay, I see your priorities. [smiley=laughing.gif] Greedy bugger. (j/k, eh!)

Carbonman1 has one of those on his Oz. He's a bugger, too! [smiley=nod.gif]

I'd kill for one. The potential.
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Working on ... too many things at once.
Link to my Gallery

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 11:21:12 am »
The fournales is a cool looking fork. Not sure how well it works though.

interesting that its listed as part of the 04 range, and not 05. guess they gave up on it.

[smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

Carbonman1

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 05:07:13 pm »
     I love the Fournales.  It is like having a lighter x-link with more travel.  Because the Look is air sprung,  it is highly adjustable in terms of ride quality and character.  I alternate between the x-link equipt Oz and the Fournales Oz.  I will say that the x-link seems a bit less dainty.  I have beat the crap out of the Noleens and they have always come back for more.  Not sure yet about the Look.  Never heard of one breaking though.  

The second generation '04 fournales (on ebay) is much beefier, with cartridge bearings throughout and more stout CNC work.  The biggest weakness is a somewhat oldschool air shock.  It works well,  but I think it could be more adjustable in terms of platform etc.   I wish I could get a Fox or Manitou in there.  

Since they don't appear to be updating the Fournales,  it is likeley falling victim to the same forces that doomed the x-link.  Travel limitations, uncoventional looks,  and questionable big drop capabilities.  As the mechanic at my LBS said, holding up a Fox slider, "this is just a simpler way to do the same thing."   >:(But he has never ridden a linkage fork....smiley=disbelief.gif]  For XC riding it simply makes you faster.  Under 3lbs. and minimal flex.  I'll stop now....

bikendan

• Journeyman
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 05:37:28 pm »
 ::)that fork has been around for a few years. i remember seeing it at the sea otter about 4 yrs ago. it was a pre-production model in the look booth. like someone said, the air shock was the weak link in a good design. with the look and the whyte fork, they seem to be efforts trying to improve on a great fork by girvin. if someone can just make one with adj. travel, 3-5" and disc mounts. the perfect all-mountain fork.

jeffhop

• Guru
  • i intend to live forever......so far so good!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 04:56:04 am »
an oz is for life , not just for xmas!

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 07:23:49 am »
thanks for the ebay link.

no bids yet. he lists it as having a weight of 130 grams. wow! that IS light. perhaps its more like 1300 grams,seeing how 1 kg is about 2.2 lbs.

[smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

Frankd3000

• Master
  • It's a ground-to-air missile!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 08:51:42 am »
    I love the Fournales.  It is like having a lighter x-link with more travel.  Because the Look is air sprung,  it is highly adjustable in terms of ride quality and character......The second generation '04 fournales  is much beefier, with cartridge bearings throughout and more stout CNC work...... Under 3lbs. and minimal flex.  I'll stop now....

I STILL say you're a bugger.  [smiley=laughing.gif] Now stop the dirty talk, because you're turning me on. >:(

You know, you could always send it to ME and I could retro fit something with more adjustability. ;D It would have to come to me, though. I have no ideas on spacing and clearance, so i'd need to see and test it in person. ;D
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Working on ... too many things at once.
Link to my Gallery

Johnny_Bravo

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 05:01:45 am »
That's one good looking fork I must say.  I'm sure they cost a pretty penny too by the looks of it.  Nice to see another modern take on the Crosslink design.  
-Big Ben
'99 Trek VRX-300 "The Big Green Monster"
with just a few beefy parts here & there.

K2perv

• Novice
  • proflex forever!
    • check out my gallery!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 06:54:19 pm »
i jsut bought one of these for my 5000.  should be here by saturday, so i'll let you know how it compares to my x-link.  i do know that i prefer the x-link to telescopic forks any day (although a bit more travel would be nice)...  we'll see what look has done with the concept.  i hope the shock doesn't doom the whole thing!  if so, i suppose you guys can figure a way to improve upon it.
risse shock, raceface deusXC crankset, sram xo derailleur, xo shifters, avid blackops levers, xtr brakes, thomson stem/seatpost, bontrager racexlite wheelset, easton ec70 bar, time atac titan pedals

colinv

• Journeyman
  • LFC till I die!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 05:29:40 am »
I think if you like the carbon forks you should try:
http://www.pace-racing.co.uk
I have a set of RC38Lt on my 959 they are the dogs, I know they are not crosslinks but they are a very good alternative, but if you want the crosslink looks well the look forks it is.  I will post some pics of them on mine.
K2 carbon, XTR mechs, XT v-brakes, Mavi cross ride wheels, XT chainset and lovely Pace RC38LTs.
Custom built Cougar, Ultegra allover for those roadie days

onealpha

• Novice
  • I love my bikes!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 02:38:30 pm »
Anyone had any experience with these yet?  I have one on route from UK and was wondering if anyone had any experiences to share.  Thanks
856 Pro-Flex
OZ M