Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:11:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38
38 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Thank-you disc's  (Read 1246 times)

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Thank-you disc's
« on: February 28, 2004, 02:38:05 am »
Just thought I'd share,had a big ride planned out with my son [smiley=laughing.gif],had a great day [smiley=nod.gif],being one of those saddo's who has to clean his bike as soon as he gets back as I can't bear to leave my bike dirty/muddy/filthy I was suprised to find my rear wheel badly buckled [smiley=worry.gif],a quick look confirmed a missing drive side spoke,I recall early on collecting a branch or similar,you know the usual pinging noise you dread :(,but as it quickly stopped thought no more of it :),my point is had I been using rim brakes our trip out could of been spoiled,as I was running disc's didn't even notice it ;),I have in the past broken spokes and have had to retension out on the trail the other spokes to compensate as I was running rim brakes at the time,always a pain and never satisfactory :(,oh and what if I'd been racing,anyway just think its a plus for using disc's,Simon
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

zulu

• Journeyman
  • I love da dirt!
Re: Thank-you disc's
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 02:36:30 am »
 ;) one more reason to upgrade to discs.
Thanks 8) [smiley=beer.gif]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 11:11:38 am by matno »
2006 S-Works Stumpy.
2005 S-Works Epic
2003 Spec. Stumpy FSR Comp.
Pro-flex 856