Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:13:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 79
Total: 79
79 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: noleen chubby downhill brake adapter?  (Read 3902 times)

weasel

• Novice
noleen chubby downhill brake adapter?
« on: January 30, 2003, 08:17:19 pm »
Looking for a hayes disc brake adapter for my noleen downhill fork, anybody know who or where I should contact?  Thanks.
99 flying monkey with noleen downhill

GrimJack

• Administrator
  • Master
  • 43 pounds isn't heavy.
    • idRiders.com
Re: noleen chubby downhill brake adapter?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 08:28:49 pm »
Not certain if it's the right one, but I think Mike makes one - check his webpage at http://www.geocities.com/racing_green_uk/HammerHead.html, about halfway down.  If that is the one you need, I'm sure he'll chime in here.  :)
Blair's Observation: The best laid plans of mice and men are usually about equal.

Hammer

• Apprentice
  • Take it Easy
    • HammerHead
Chiming in... :-)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 04:21:28 am »
For the Chubby fork the only adapter we have made is to convert the mountings on the fork to accept an international standard brake calliper and a 25mm (on diameter) oversize rotor.

You will also have to use a special spacing on the hub, disc flange to axle flange, or the disc rotor will hit the fork leg on the approriately named CHUBBY forks...... What we did was to use a shim 1mm thick between the wheel axle flange and the inside of the fork dropous to simply push the fork legs apart!.. Sounds dangerous, but they flex well over 3mm before it even gets difficult.... so no problems.

So for the hayes 160mm set up you would need a 185mm rotor... Formula make nice ones.

But if you have hayes brakes then as long as your calliper is International standard (51mm) hole spacings, it will work, but if you have hayes own "international standard" of 69, 73 or 74mm (yes thats right.. they never could make up thier minds....) then you'll have to buy a hayes to IS adapter from hayes also....  lots of adapters... but it will work.

Drop callum a line at RDI LTD in the UK.. he has them in stock and sells the HammerHead range... they are not on the site due to the complicated circumstances required to use them... but they do exist and I he will be more than happy to "help you out" at minimum cost.

Regards,

Hammer.

http://www.proflex.demon.co.uk

ps

There are no pictures online of the Chubby-to-IS adapter.. but it looks similar to the FS_IS adapter that dave linked to..

Peter_K2_Bike

• Novice
  • Broke Away.
    • Speedmetal Racing
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 05:47:10 am »
The Chubby DH uses totally different mounting than the Pipeline Chubby, Chubby, or Chubby LT.  The only adapter that we've ever sold for the Cubby DH is the Magura adapter.  There are about three Hayes adapters in existence (I ran one on my bike for a while) that were designed for the DH race team the last year that Andrew Shandro and Bart McDaniels were racing for us.  They can be used with a 74mm caliper and 8" rotor.  One of our diehard riders here who's a snowboard engineer did a nice CAD drawing of it.  Send me an e-mail direct and I'll see if I can get you that file.

peter_stuart@k2sports.com
Speedmetal Racing
Azonic*Bicycles West*Hayes*gohuckyourself.com*GRC*Maxxis*MRP*Pedro's*Sportworks*Sun/Ringlé*661

callumw

• Novice
  • Rapid Descent Innovations Ltd
    • http://www.proflex.demon.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 11:41:26 pm »
I was just about to say.... the DH fixed the brake lug problem from the RST Hi-5/Girvin chubby.  I ran Magura Gustav's on mine for a while.

but we do have a bag of chubby adapters for the more adventurous of you.  priced to clear shelf space. :-)

callum
Rapid Descent Innovations Ltd