Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 10:42:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7
7 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Speaking of the Zero G...  (Read 3111 times)

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
Speaking of the Zero G...
« on: February 22, 2003, 02:22:54 am »
There's one on eBay right now. Looks like a pretty sweet downhill rig, although I'd have my doubts about the durability of the Noleen shock...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2711855099&category=27948
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

Scott

• Master
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Speaking of the Zero G...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 03:30:10 am »
I wonder how'd you screen a DH frame for stress cracks-they are abused by definition!  Maybe a coating of water soluble food dye would help those microlines in paint to stand out?  Actually you would probably be well off to ask that about any used bike.  
Part of me wants a DH just to see how far suspension has come but then my sensible side kicks in-I mean I'm still able to feed myself so why screw up a good thing with the slower reactions of 43 yr.old??  I'll just have to enjoy DH through the postings here and the VHS at home.
Scott
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
K2 Oz
K2 5000
Extralite F1 (sub 20lb FS)
Trek 1000 road

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 09:13:43 am »
Matno,.
seems I've seen that bike on ebay before. I think bike companies like the "Zero G" moniker. My steel Mongoose HT frame (ediscountbike.com for 60 bucks a couple years ago) is also called a Zero G. I have a Xlink ELT on it with THE chrome rear fender and THE shroud on the front. When I brought it last year to the LBS for its annual tune up, the guy said a customer had been in the week before looking for a Mongoose Zero G, saying he had seen one on the local trail theweek before that. Well, I was riding that week and some was checking it out. Must have thought it was a cool bike. pretty funny, huh?

Scott,
you are never too old for speed. I am 47 and as soon as I get my Calfee road bike built (finally decided and ordered the frame today - I like how the Trek 5200 looks better, all swoopy and stuff, but to me the Calfee rides better, it almost the liveliness of steel while damping and lightness of carbon) I am going to go for a DH bike. I've always wanted one. The most fun I've had in years (except for windsurfing and sailboat racing), was doing the chairlift thing up at Killington on, the first time, my trusty old Trek 930, and then a couple other times on borrowed FS bikes. it is great phun, and I often dream of doing it on a real bike. I think the Specialized BigHit Expert is a real good bike for ski areas. lots of travel, but still has a triple chain ring for some short uphill work.
that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!!
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

GET

• Journeyman
  • Where are the land bridges?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2003, 09:52:54 am »
 :o
it is great phun
 as in physics is phun? ;D
Physics rules!   (5500C & Animal)

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 12:29:22 pm »
oph course!!
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

Scott

• Master
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 04:58:33 am »
Thanks Dennis,
I might as well be honest and say my governor of common sense is what I most worry about, particularly when surrounded, momentarily, by blazing fast examples competent downhillers!  You'll really enjoy a Big Hit-I've read only positive reviews and comments on it making it sound like the ideal dual purpose bike.
Scott
K2 Oz
K2 5000
Trek 1000 road

GrimJack

• Administrator
  • Master
  • 43 pounds isn't heavy.
    • idRiders.com
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2003, 12:11:19 pm »
Hell, you think it's bad when you are around competent downhill riders, you should try riding in fron of an audience composed of the female half of the species.  It's literally amazing the dumb ass stunts normally sane fellas will attempt with a bunch of female onlookers.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 12:11:34 pm by admin »
Blair's Observation: The best laid plans of mice and men are usually about equal.

Scott

• Master
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 01:57:26 am »
From needing to carry the largest club to jumping the widest gap, we're here to show how genes are carried on...  provided you don't "case it"!
Scott
K2 Oz
K2 5000
Trek 1000 road