Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:40:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 164
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153
153 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!  (Read 353019 times)

Bowsho

• Novice
Re: POST BUY SELL WANT,proflex and K2 finds here!
« Reply #1260 on: April 18, 2012, 11:00:08 am »
Hi, newbie here, looking for a 16" pre k2 frame and girvin forks whyg? Cheers.

Jussa

• Novice
« Reply #1261 on: April 20, 2012, 01:48:49 am »
Greetings everyone, I've just got myself a 856 and XPX both in large, the 856 is silver and the XPX is Red, both need rear shocks or something like an adaptor plate to enable me to use standard shocks, the question is, can anybody help?????

Any help greatly appreciated :)
Lots of info on here for both options, just have a dig around and come back with any more Q's

Many thanks, have done some digging but think i am looking in the wrong place :( have sent you a PM.

spikebender

• Journeyman
  • My 855
« Reply #1262 on: April 21, 2012, 06:28:55 pm »
Hi, newbie here, looking for a 16" pre k2 frame and girvin forks whyg? Cheers.

I've got a 14" 855 if your interested for sale or trade for a bigger Pro Flex frame
Custom trailer (thanks Papa)

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #1263 on: April 23, 2012, 07:40:50 am »
I'm thinking of selling my K2 Razorback RS frame + shock along with all of its spares (2 struts and one noleen push shock).  The frame has been professionally powder coated dark blue/black with glittery flecks.  It has a rapid descent sticker or 2 (that would peel off to be honest).  I have the bike built up to weigh 20 lbs or so and it has some pretty rare-earth parts on it (they're not included!).  There's no damage to the frame - except one of the cable hooks has been removed (actually, I'll need to check that, it could be the carbon bike I removed the cable guides from).  You may get some free mud on the frame from Ireland's single speed world championships.

anyone interested?  I have no idea what a treasure trove is worth.  If it's worth nothing then I'll keep it as a souvenir on my biking wall of fame in my workshop!!!

I've only really used it for singlespeeding - it has been in about 30 races including 3 world cup races.  I'm moving to 29'er for singlespeeding. 

callum
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Cube AMS R29er singlespeed
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

twads

• Novice
« Reply #1264 on: April 25, 2012, 04:27:34 pm »
Hi Ive been on here years ago but couldnt remember login. Anyway ive a Proflex Beast 1997 frame size wagbig/XL for sale. Ideally suit 6ft or over.

Bike has hardly been used since owned and sat unused between 2000-2006. In 2006 swopped the girvin chubby forks (as elastomers gone bit hard and whilst researching found the forks been recalled) for a brand new set of Magura Asgaards which are air oil, 100mm travel (think original forks were 120mm). Also fitted new FSA Pig headset, short stem (also have a X Lite stem in yellow but bit tatty paint) bottom bracket and a pair of Michellin Hot S tyres. Kids, Kebas etc came along so remained unused until late 2010 about 3 times up Claife Heights so maybe 30 miles max. Got a hardtail 2011 which still hasnt had a lot of use  ;D

Frame: Patented Pro-Active design 7005 Easton ProGram triangle, Box Section aluminum swingarm, 3.5" or maybe 4" of travel??? Noleen coil shock. No leaks. Bearings in frame seem fine, simplicity is its beauty hardly any bearings to replace.

WTB Velociraptor rims on LX hubs.

Front mech - LX
Rear Mech - Sram ESP 7.0
Shifters been upgraded to the lighter better quality Sram ESP 9.0
Magura HS11 hydrallic rim brakes with quick release.
Seatpost - Titec
Bottom Bracket - LX 68 x 110
Shock: Noleen Racing NR-2, adjustable compression and rebound, nitrogen charged, floating piston
Fork: Magura Asgard 2006 model 100mm travel air/oil

Collection or your welcome to send a courier.

Few chips in paint but no dents, cracks etc. Its led a very easy life........bit like me thats why im a lard@rse haha

Good condition peddles maybe need stripping and greased and gears slightly retuned. May want to play around with fork air pressure (pump provided) and prehaps swop for longer stem as the replacement forks have changed the geometry slightly from original.

Listed elsewhere £299 but as its a proflex forum and all that £279 ono.

If get reasonable offer for frame may split.

Think ive ticked box when registering to say you can email me. I will bang some pics up innext post as this is getting long winded sorry!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:08:14 pm by twads »

twads

• Novice
« Reply #1265 on: April 25, 2012, 04:33:08 pm »
Cut to the chase Twads  :-X heres the money shot  8)

SOZ YOULL NEED TO SCROLL LEFT TO RIGHT TO SEE ALL OF PHOTO

As mentioned only done about 30 miles light off road since fitting what were brand new forks, headset, stem etc
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:35:56 pm by twads »

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #1266 on: April 26, 2012, 02:41:30 pm »
k2 carbon on uk and international ebay  -- best of luck with this beauty
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200750884891
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

dirkhunt

• Novice
« Reply #1267 on: April 27, 2012, 11:24:15 am »
Looking for 984 rear suspension parts. I need the post that mounts to the 1/2-20 bolt that comes down from the frame that joins up with the seat stays.

If anyone has these parts in a box somewhere I would appreciate it. Or if someone has figured out a workaround I would be interested in the details as well.

Apparently the img insert doesn't care for flicker so here is a link to a pic of where I am starting from. http://flic.kr/p/bCbyYE

Thanks
Dirk
854 pro Flex -trying to get it going
'06 Fuji Roubaix Pro Ksyrium equip wheels- for those Ricky Bobby moments
Windsor Leads set with flat bar and 700x28 tires for trails
Bajaj Chetak daily driver

Brycer1968

• Novice
« Reply #1268 on: April 29, 2012, 09:48:23 pm »
I'm selling this custom 856 29er conversion frame.  An unusual item.  Check it out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160790860168?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Brycer1968

franicus

• Novice
« Reply #1269 on: May 04, 2012, 02:12:19 pm »
Hey Proflexers! I'm Franicus and this is my first post after joining this cool group.  I'll just post what I have and the routes I am thinking on taking.

1995 Proflex Attack
18" Burgundy Metallic
All original specs
Girvin vector
STX group
Elastomers of rock have been removed
Very low miles/garage queen hibernator
-I was thinking of parting it out on the bay but after finding this group I figured I'd throw it out here first in it's original clothing.  I have plans for the original vectors if I do so but if someone wants it bad enough, I would be willing to sell the entire bike.   
-The frame is a bit large for me, perhaps a trade of frames could be worked out.  I really do not want to get rid of it but am clearing some stuff out and only want to keep what I can ride.

2000 K2 Razorback RS Frame
Medium or large (I am  not sure)
easton aluminum
Would need new Noleen Mega air Pull shock or other replacement
-I was planning on building this frame up to an ultra lightweight xc bike since on the weightweeinies website these razorback frames are listed as some of the lighest full suspension frames ever produced. 
-Once again, the frame is a bit large for me, I really need a small razorback if I am going to ride it and not built it up only to be stared at by friends in my living room. I'm up for trades before I let it fly on the bay.

(other bikes I am selling-pre ebay)
-1995 Jamis team Dakar 17" FS frame, used
-Mongoose Amplifier Frame, Black, Super rare, 17"? used but very low miles
- 1996 Cannondale F600 frame, DD60 headshok, large, shock could be looked at but it still functions/
-Cannondale R600 Road frame+fork 56cm, small dent and crack by bb in seatube. purple on black fade.
-Maserati MT-10 vintage crica 1969 road bike
-Cannondale MT500? frame with rigid cannondale fork.White with black decals, overtightened front derailleur damage and broken rear canti brake cable holder, but has been ridden that way as a cyclocross build
-Iron horse ARS800R Polished aluminum frame, easton 7000, 19"  used but really nice polished vintage aluminum

Thanks guys and hope to get to know all you guru's de la proflex

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #1270 on: May 14, 2012, 03:08:39 pm »
K2 razorback RS frame on UK ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200760205955

sad to see it go, but I've now gone to the dark side - that has 29er wheels.  I've also got some razorback rs spare parts about to go up in a few minutes
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

Preflox

• Novice
Wanted- 855 main triange in Australia
« Reply #1272 on: May 15, 2012, 02:26:03 am »
Have been lurking for a week or two while putting together a build based on an old 855 F&F that I found locally... build going well and general Proflex enthusiasm levels high when I discovered that the main triangle is bent.  bleh

I would like to keep the build alive so am putting it out there.. looking for an 855 (or compatible) main triangle delivered to Australia. paint condition not an issue. would like a large or way-big.

Thanks for reading chaps :)

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #1273 on: May 21, 2012, 05:43:11 am »
yeah - I clicked the "no reserve" button when putting the razorback rs frame up!  with 9 hours to go, it's at £26, which is about US $34 .  k2's have depreciated a bit haven't they!   
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

carsonwatt

• Novice
« Reply #1274 on: May 21, 2012, 10:44:33 pm »
Hey everybody. I need a rear shock for my 98 proflex animal. I have an NR 4 on there right now but It's too soft for my liking. I think its days are numbered. If anybody has something please let me know
PROFLEX ANIMAL 4 LYFE