Forum > Tech Forum

Swingarm Sealed bearing system

(1/8) > >>

Simon:
I've been getting asked so many times lately about info on my sealed bearing system that I thought I'd upload all the info I have here so anyone can read it at there leisure.Maybe it could be stickied.
You will notice a couple of inconsistencies as things changed as it was developed but from memory the main things are you need only four 2mm thick shims not the mix of 2mm and 1mm shims.
The depth of the threads in the through shaft where increased.
Oh and it works on an 856 with a different shaft I haven't uploaded the drawing for this as it may confuse things.

Simon.

Above reaming the swingarm pivots to accept the sealed bearings. I do this with the pinch bolts fitted and they are
screwed in very lightly nipped up,this helps prevent the pivot hole oppening up when reaming and giving a concentric hole.

dcarr1971:
Thanks Simon!  I haven't needed to do this yet, but I'm sure it will come in handy in the future!  :)

shovelon:

--- Quote from: Simon on May 06, 2008, 03:16:29 pm ---
Above reaming the swingarm pivots to accept the sealed bearings. I do this with the pinch bolts fitted and they are
screwed in very lightly nipped up,this helps prevent the pivot hole oppening up when reaming and giving a concentric hole.

--- End quote ---

Did you make up that reamer yourself? ???

Simon:
No its just a standard adjustable reamer (I have a few in varous sizes) that I happen to have.
Its the sort of tool that was used for reaming steering king pin bushes on old cars that have a beam axle.

Ade:
Gonna save this away for future reference too, might be a daft question but which bike is the dimensioned drawing of shaft for. It says 4500 on the title, is that the same for all carbon swing arms? (Mine's a 957)

cheers
Ade

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version