Forum > Tech Forum

mech Discs, Avid or Hayes or Deore

(1/2) > >>

lokomonkey:
 ??? hey guys I'm soo close to get discs, I know I want mech,(since is easier to maintain and I suck as a mechanic!!) so my questio is; Avid? or hayes? may be deore?

lokomonkey:
one more thing... what size rotor will fit in the front? (with a psylo sl set up? 6" or 8") and in the rear wheel?

GrimJack:
No question, get Avids.  They are the best thing you can get that still runs on cables by a big margin.

If your Psylo runs the through axle, you can mount 8" rotors, otherwise, stick with the 6".

jimbo:
For Mechanical, ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES, AVIDS ;D

I have heard good things about the Deore Hydros.

I currently run 165s on my Pyslo.  If I were to do it again, I would probably run 185s up front.  If I had a through axle, I would even try 205s.  165s in the back is good enough for me.

Carbon_Kiwi:
yeah - avid's seem 2 b the go when it comes 2 mech disc brakes. i am looking at going disc sometime in the not too distant future and will probably go with avids.
the only thing i'm wondering is, just how does the performance compare to hydro's?
those new xtr units look pretty dam impressive and i'd say will have an impact on aftermarket disc design [the alloy screw-on adaptor thingy].
i guess what i'm saying is - do you avid owners out there really [i mean 'really'] rate your discs highly?
i have arch rivals at the mo, and they are pretty good, i'd be wanting a considerable improvement to splash out on their discs [cause it's gonna cost me new wheels too]...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version