Forum > Tech Forum

Hammerhead - 5500C Problems?

(1/5) > >>

5500C:
I'm seriously contemplating putting this on my bike.  I'm a bit afraid of drilling the holes in the dropouts though.  Has anyone had any problems with this?

I know if I screw it up or if it bends under stress, finding a new swingarm will be a b*tch!!!  Should I just be happy with my XTR V's?

GrimJack:
Don't worry about it.  They are really easy to install, and to date have worked perfectly for everyone.

If you are really uncertain, take the swingarm and the hammerhead kit down to a local machineshop and pay them a few bucks to install it.  It won't cost much, and it won't take long.

IFO:
get the hammerhead... its "idiot-proofed"...

trust me u CANT screw it up...

just measure 2-3 tims, and drill it once...

dont sweat it, just get the hammerhead

Discs brakes are worth teh 5 minutes it'l take u to get adaptor set up.... ;D

what brakes u looking at?

if u say these:

http://www.grimeca.it/grimeca/it/freni/idraulici_s_18ibs.htm

i'll have to reach throu the phone-lines and throttle you, ahahhah

sorry for teh italian link the English site seems to be borked... >:(

5500C:
IFO, how did you know.  I want those brakes, j/k.  I want a mild setup and was thinking of getting the Avid Mechanicals b/c I have XTR combo shifter/brake levers.  

I have the Carbon Cross Links though and don't feel that ambitious with trying to epoxy on a brake adaptor.  Also, this has to put undue stress on the legs of the fork, don't you think?

IFO:
i beleive the X-link is suffecintly strong enuf for discs...but its more hassle then that dated ol fork deserves...

if u stay with V's thats a good fork. but if your going to discs, get a new fork...

the Avids are oustanding, get em...

for a fork, if u can provide some riding style detials i'll gladly throwout some fork options i think will work well... ;D

u could also just tell me to bugger off, adn mind my own business... :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version