Forum > Tech Forum

Swingarm Sealed bearing system

<< < (2/8) > >>

shovelon:

--- Quote from: Simon on June 27, 2008, 10:33:07 am ---No its just a standard adjustable reamer (I have a few in varous sizes) that I happen to have.
Its the sort of tool that was used for reaming steering king pin bushes on old cars that have a beam axle.

--- End quote ---
Ok, I think I found one called an "Extra long adjustable replacable bladed reamer".

McMaster.com Part # 3027A17

Man, these kind of tools are not common in my parts. What do you think Simon?

Terry

Simon:

--- Quote from: shovelon on June 27, 2008, 01:30:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: Simon on June 27, 2008, 10:33:07 am ---No its just a standard adjustable reamer (I have a few in varous sizes) that I happen to have.
Its the sort of tool that was used for reaming steering king pin bushes on old cars that have a beam axle.

--- End quote ---
Ok, I think I found one called an "Extra long adjustable replacable bladed reamer".

McMaster.com Part # 3027A17

Man, these kind of tools are not common in my parts. What do you think Simon?

Terry

--- End quote ---

Sounds the right sort of tool, you need to make sure its adjustable from at least 20mm upto 24mm+ and that
it has the centralizing taper guide to ensure perfect alinement.

Simon.

Simon:

--- Quote from: Ade on June 27, 2008, 10:54:14 am ---Gonna save this away for future reference too, might be a daft question but which bike is the dimensioned drawing of shaft for. It says 4500 on the title, is that the same for all carbon swing arms? (Mine's a 957)

cheers
Ade

--- End quote ---

Hi Ade
the shaft drawing is for the 4500/5500 and Oz ONLY
however I do have a shaft drawing for the 856/857/857/957 as well Here

Simon

shovelon:

--- Quote from: Ade on June 27, 2008, 10:54:14 am ---Gonna save this away for future reference too, might be a daft question but which bike is the dimensioned drawing of shaft for. It says 4500 on the title, is that the same for all carbon swing arms? (Mine's a 957)

cheers
Ade

--- End quote ---

Ade, Simon did my Oz(4500), and my 957 swingarm at the same time and they both use similar parts, and work amazing. I have only 2 more carbon swingarms to convert and they are both 957 swingarms.

DugB:
Hello all,

I'm going to build and install the swingarm sealed bearing system on my K2/Proflex 4000 this weekend and am wondering: how much material will I end up reaming off? Is the reaming necessary just to create a perfectly round mating surface for the bearings, or is it needed or increase the inner diameter of the swingarm mount sheel so it can even accommodate the bearings?

Thanks in advance,
- Doug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version